Wednesday 11 February 2015

Every Mom Needs a Hobby...or 3: Crochet

I never thought I'd be the type of mom who wanted to crochet. After all, isn't that for grannies?

how to crochet


To my surprise, with the approaching arrival of baby (soon to be known as Kiddo3), I found myself having the irresistible urge to crochet him a little blanket, hat, and booties.

Thanks to the ever trusty and informative YouTube, combined with some research in Pinterest, I was able to teach  myself to crochet.

Christmas was right around the corner, and with baby's arrival still quite some time away, I found myself getting seriously sidetracked. Booties would just have to wait! For the moment it was all snowflakes, snowflakes, snowflakes. (This may have been my way of dealing with the lack of snow outside.)

They're lovely to use as decoration around the house, on the tree, or even as gift tags.

Some were certainly more elaborate:

crochet snowflake
 Click here for the YouTube tutorial


others simpler, yet still lovely:

crochet snowflakes
For YouTube tutorials click here and here


I found it quite relaxing and often enjoyed working on a project whilst watching my favorite TV show (ever the multitask-er!). 

If you're interested in brushing up on your crocheting skills here are a few links that I found particularly helpful:


Happy Crocheting! 

No comments :

Post a Comment